“The Most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.”
- Albert Einstein-


Friday, May 23, 2008

Slow to anger

Okay... I'm at the Cybercafe again... this time with Hoo Yau tho. It's currently 1045am. Been here since 9:15am. Played a game of Dota (Defense of the Ancients for the not so virtual gaming savvy). My friends and I have a pretty eventful day planned out. We were to have nasi lemak (all time Malaysian breakfast favorite!) at SS2 for breakfast, head to Pasar Seni (central market) JUST to make the guests(I will introduce them later) feel like tourists in Malaysia, head onto Chow Kit Road for Wan tan mee, luo hon guo long ngan, head towards KLCC for some window shopping before heading up to the bridge connecting the twin towers (MY FIRST TIME TOO!!), spend time at bintang walk, have dinner, then head onto Laundry (the curve) for drinks.

So why am I at the cybercafe on an early Saturday morning with Hoo Yau? It's pretty much my fault. I forgot that in Malaysia, people tend to be fashionably late.


Ever had something on ur mind while you were sleeping that was so profound that it just shakes you awake? I woke up 740am today in that fashion, realizing that I didn't really talk to my mother about borrowing the car for the day. I was initially amazed that I was able to get up without the alarm buzzing since I got home after clubbing with them and slept at 5am. Proud as I was, I quickly wiped that pompous face off as I realized that I didn't have a car, and it was due to my lack of planning!!!

I quickly approached my mother (she goes to the market everyday at 8am)... Taking her car wasn't going to happen... It's a Saturday and she has her own plans. Got a lil frustrated since I just got up, started looking at other alternatives before I finally called my cousin who's borrowing my old car (still mine). Having secured the car, I got ready and went to fetch Hoo Yau all the way from Kepong and got to SS2 by 9am with a sense of relief of not being late and having a car for the day.

We were supposed to meet with Whitney(pj/kl host), Emily(Penang host), Serene(happy go lucky tag alongy), Olivia(American guest) and Woot(Thai guest) for nasi lemak . So yeah, Hoo Yau and I got to SS2, then called the three Malaysians to see if they've arrived...

Many phone calls to the three, a text msg to the pj/kl host, and no answers from anyone led me to suspect that they were all still sleeping. Prolly knocked out from the clubbing session last night.... My mistake, I should've called them earlier to confirm. But still, we agreed on 9am, and it's 11am now! that's 2 hours late (and counting)! Yeah... I wish I didn't have to rush around and had an extra few hours' nap too. Thanks for making me wait! **Shakes fist at Emily, Serene and Whitney** HMPH! Your treat for nasi lemak!

Head's heavy now... Sleepy... Tired... Will I be grumpy, act petty, easily irritate today? I hope not... So this is a reminder to myself...

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God." (James 1:19)"

Sorry no pictures lately... no internet at home... so can't post pics from my computer... SOON!!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello weng hong! Just wanted to ask you,where about chow kit is the wan tan mee place ?

Chubby Panda said...

SU-YI?!?! wow!!! never spoken for more than a year! that's the first thing u ask me??? it's the one behind the rambutan and apom stall.

Anonymous said...

sorry laa..cause the first thought that came across my mind was food..lol..okla..so how are you?..oh..and you'll be here till?