“The Most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.”
- Albert Einstein-


Thursday, May 1, 2008

Moving to Kalamazoo. Sounds so ulu!!!!


Okay... I KNOW! Haven't blogged in almost TWO WEEKS!!! Well I was pretty busy (excuses)... I came back from Kalamazoo Western Michigan a few days ago. Before I get into details, I traveled to Kalamazoo because I had to move my 4 years accumulated "stuff" to Kalamazoo since I will be staying there for the next three years. Here's a link from mapquest if you want to get a rough idea from where and where I am moving to.
I have been procrastinating a lot about packing my some prized and some not-so-prized possessions for a long time - probably two months. For days, I tried not to think about the mess in my living room and my bed room despite being around them for the most part of my days the last 2 months. I'd try to not think about it and do something else because it was OVERWHELMING!! I don't have a ridiculously huge apartment, but I do have a lot of "stuff". Those of you who've packed before probably understand that you need a lot of space to pack. Finding space in my cramped up apartment just wasn't possible. If only there was a device where I could shrink things up when I don't need them and revert them back to original when I do... or have one of those doraemon pouches where u can just chuck everything into that lil kangaroo pouches thingy. That'd be awesome. Wait! I could use his door thingy, set it to open at Kalamazoo and just move in a jiffy!
ANYWAYS... it wasn't until last week that I finally realized I only had a few days left before I started seriously packing. I rented a budget rental truck last Wednesday (Forgot to take a picture but here's one from the internet). On that day itself, Weng Hock, Hoo Yau, Arthur and I moved my futon and my couch onto the truck, and transported them to Hock's house (to be sold away). My living room never looked so spacious (I moved into my current apartment fully furnished, hence it was messy and cramped the day i moved in). Insane packing began to follow with a lot of help from Hock. Got very little sleep, but got the job done. Weng Hock (left) Hoo Yau (right)


Two days' packing and by Friday 2pm, the truck I rented was full. Hoo Yau came over to help with some final moves while Hock did a great job tying the strings to secure everything. I looked at the truck in awe as it was really full, but the three of us, we looked awful. Weng Hock and I didn't get much sleep as we were packing for most of the night while Hoo Yau stayed up all night studying for his exam. The three of us shut the railing with satisfied looks at approximately 2:30 pm and drove out for lunch before beginning our journey to Kalamazoo. We had Pho. Vietnamese beef noodles, in case anyone was wondering. Pho-------->


Oh yeah, forgot to mention that my two awesome friends volunteered to come along and help me move! :P It was a two seater truck so we took turns sitting on the floor of the truck in between the two seats. IT WAS HORRIBLE! My butt hurt most of the time when it was my turn on the floor. The journey lasted about 10.5 hours, but it didn't feel that long for some reason. Maybe cos of the good company. Anyhow, at approximately 4 a.m. Michigan time, we arrived at Jon's place. Jon's a close friend of mine whom I grew up with. Pro drummer, nasty (in a good way) cook, and wonderful personality (a real joker). He is also studying at the Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo and I'm storing my stuff with him while I go back to Malaysia for the Summer. He's also taking care of my beloved Mochi.

Jon Crashing at my house probably 5 years ago. My beloved Mochi--> a Chinchilla

I met Jon and his significant other Yenni, whom I have never met before. Very nice girl. No wonder Jon tertarik! LOL. Jon and I chat for a while until we absolutely had to sleep. IT WAS 5:30-ish. Jon and I woke up at approximately 7:15 am (yes less than 2 hours' sleep!). We wanted to start moving but Hock and Hoo Yau looked exhausted and were sleeping. I figured I needed strong movers and not half dead ones lest they break anything (Just Kidding), so I let them sleep a little longer. Good chance for jon and I to catch up anyways. So jon and I chat for 2 hours before we woke Hock and Hoo Yau up. It took us only 1 hour to get all my stuff into Jon's house and neatly stored! WOOHOO!!! Much less time than I took to pack them into the truck.

After packing, we were introduced to Jon's housemates: Chi Weng, Kenneth (SHANNON'S BROTHER!) and Wilson, showered, rest a little, then went to Chicago for shopping and dinner. It's only two hours away! So excited it's only going to be 2 hours away from Chicago for 3 years! SHOP SHOP SHOP EAT EAT EAT!! WAHAHAHAHHA MUAHAHAHA!!

Okay... there, that's pretty much why I haven't blogged in a while. I know I could've easily written something, anything short and sweet. I have no excuse for it being short but I'm not sweet. There's my excuse! <--LAME!! I will write some more about the trip after I get some pictures from Hock prolly tomorrow or tonight. Till then!

ADIOS!

Oh THANKS TO THE AWESOME PEOPLE WHO HELPED ME IN MY MOVE! ESP HOCK HOO YAU AND JON!

1 comment:

Dr. Manser said...

OooO ugly pic of me!! i guess i do have to pass you the pictures SOON!:P