“The Most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.”
- Albert Einstein-


Thursday, May 8, 2008

PACK scrub pack SCRUB! It never ends!

Just in case I forget to mention this, I promised Carol to blog about it. Prolly just to let everyone know a new nickname she's gotten so that everyone could tease her or something... make her rosy cheeks flush and her arms fluttering like an angry hen. <== whoops just gave away a lil of the nickname.

ANYWAY, Caroline and I were chatting and i don't know how and why we started talking about nicknames. She mentioned that she used to be known as a speaker(as in literally the electronic speakers) because she was small but LOUD, VERY VERY LOUD! *Carol I think I had your consent to blog about this since I told you I was going to and you didn't say anything... yes no? well too late anyways. :P*

So back to the speakers part. I asked her why not amplifiers? They're like small and much louder with different funky noises u can control. She said she was known as that too without hesitation. Both of us were a lil hyper that time and were laughing at random stuff, so I came up with a nickname "Rosy Cheeky Peavey". Come to think of it now, it's pretty lame... but it was awfully funny at the time. Peavey - just a brand for Amps, which I happened to think sounded cute... Cheeky - Just to make it rhyme with Peavey and because Carol hates it when people try to touch or pinch her cheeks. Try it WITH EXTREME CAUTION! Rosy - well because it rhymed with cheeky and peavey and u could describe cheeks as being rosy? I DUNNO! Lame!! But there you have it. Carol's new nickname. ROSY CHEEKY PEAVEY!

-Now to the main topic -

I SERIOUSLY DO NOT WANT TO PACK ANYMORE!!! Sorry people but you will have to deal with a little ranting from the Chubby Panda. Okay so I moved MOST of my stuff to Kalamazoo right? It was indeed a relief at the time, having safely stored all my prized possessions in Jon's apartment at Kalamazoo, I thought it was the end. I mean I was flying back to Lincoln with a duffle bag and a messenger bag, having both my hands free to myself at the airport. You'd think that "Well at least I've gotten the harder part of relocating done". I was Terribly WRONG!!! I'd rather go through another round of gathering my stuff and sending them to Kalamazoo than to CLEAN MY HOUSE! Seriously... I decide almost daily, "Throw? Keep? Give? SELL?"

Let me pause a moment to thank those who were generous enough to lug some of my stuff (and some others' stuff) back to Malaysia (Alphebetical order. No one I'm more thankful than the other. I'm equally indebted to all): Adeline, Caroline (aka Rosy Cheeky Peavey), Emily, Hoo Yau, Serene, Weng Hock(maybe), Whitne
y. Thank you all SO SO SO SO MUCH!!!

Okay, where were we? Oh yeah! So not only did I have my own stuff to go through... I had the Siew Jie's stuff to go through as well. Siew Jie a.k.a Lee Hooi Ling. Had to go on webcam to ask her if she wanted this, if she wanted that... On certain items I'd be like, "Why do you want this?? Please, THROW la!"

On top of all the packing, I was busy pulling sticky tabs off my walls, vacuuming my room, wiping furnitures, and oh THE TOILET... I was scrubbing just the SINK for 1.5 hours! I repeat again in case nobody caught that, I WAS SCRUBBING THE SINK ONLY FOR ONE and a HALF HOURS! There... Okay this is the part where ppl wonder how dirty my bathroom is (was). It was filthy; it was hideous. There were hard water, soap scum build-up and mold. Yes yes Weng Hong you could've cleaned more often. But hey I'm not the only one staying in the apartment. Kelvin(house mate) if you're reading this *hint* hint*. Oh not to mention another freeloader who disrespects, is loud, doesn't carry any weight in the house, and whom the only reason I never said anything or kicked out was out of respect to Kelvin. Wow... ok I shall stop talking about this. sorry kinda got side tracked.

So anyways I was worried about the bathroom as I scrubbed long and hard, but was getting no where with the Eww and Yucks. Hence I researched of ways to remove all them without scratching anything. And I read about the PUMICE STONE!!! WOOHOO!! Thank you lil stone that got the job done! It was a lot of hard scrubbing but I was satisfied. Carol and Esther hope you will be... lol trying my best to hand you down a comfortable apartment.

<-- Pumice stone.

So as I was scrubbing the sink, I thought about how it resembles life in a certain way. Try as I might, I couldn't scrub the disgusting, contaminating, staining Ewww and Yucks away. No matter how hard I tried, the scrub, the detergent, myself combined just wouldn't cut it. Just like the mess, the bad habits, the unwholesome thoughts, certain items I keep around me (NO MOTHER I AM NOT SMOKING or doing drugs!), and even bad choices + actions I've taken that've haunted me for many days before and maybe again in the near future... No matter how hard I try with substitutes, with forgetting them, with meeting new people, with self-help books, with boosting my self esteem, with A's B's C's D's to Z's, sometimes they work temporarily, oftentimes they fail and make things worse (just like how the cleaning detergent leaves cleaning residues which are harder to remove).

With the sink, nothing worked except for the pumice stone. With my life, nothing worked except for the Corner Stone, Jesus Christ - who is the strongest foundation ever, who chips away the rough edges of my life, washes everything clean, gives me fresh new starts and removes all that haunt me or will haunt me for days to come.

I'm glad I spent 1.5 hours cleaning the sink. It was a time of reflection, a visual & act-ual reminder from the Cornerstone, that I need Him. Not substitutes, not Mr. Clean, not Lysol, not Clorox.

He constantly asks, "Is your home (heart) stained? Tired of the Ewws and Yucks? Are you frustrated with the mess you live in (life)? Do you wish it were refurbished? brand new?"

He kindly, gently invites. “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” - Matt 11:28-30.



The corner stone is waiting, and inviting. Embrace Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE Blog :)

Anonymous said...

PUMIS Stone. Hahahahahaha!!!