“The Most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.”
- Albert Einstein-


Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Malaysia I'm coming... still on the way... still....

Pretty interesting "Official" last few days at Lincoln, NEBRASKA - The place I called home for approximately 4 years. Basically it's been busy, and I experienced my first power blackout in Lincoln two days before I leave. Got done packing, moving, cleaning my house at the very last minute on Monday, May 12th 2008 at approximately 5:30pm. From sending people to airports, settling my final electricity bills, phone bills to moving MORE SCHTUFF to Hoo Yau and Hock's apartment for storage... I finally was able to wrap everything up at 5:30pm before taking a cool shower, lest I don't calm down and end up soaking in sweat throughout the journey. We left 23rd Street with 3 cars heading to the airport. We were EARLY! No one was at the United Airlines counter. WOOT!! Hoo Yau and I went to the counter, presented our documents and "UH-OH BAD NEWS! Flight is gonna come in late from Chicago..." my thoughts: ALWAYS CHICAGO!

Anyways we were originally scheduled to depart at 730pm but it wasn't until 845pm that the plane departed Lincoln. It was all good though, we knew we might not make our connecting flight in Denver, but we still managed to joke around with the person conducting the flights, no sour moods NO SOUR MOODS ON MY TRIP HOME! At least not yet...

We arrived at Denver LATE! Missed the last flight out of Denver to Los Angeles, and MISSED MY FLIGHT FROM LAX TO HONG KONG! big big sighs... Oh we = Emily Ang, Olivia Kunzman, Kai Foong Chong, and an oversized endangered species a.k.a Chubby Panda (ME!). Imagine the huge let down... Still no sour moods tho, cos after a good 3 hours of lining up, taking the shuttles and rebookings, we were told that we had a confirmed Cathay flight the next day out of LAX. United Airlines gave us free accommodation at The Timber (a local hotel which was pretty decent if u ask me), and some meal coupons. It was all good. Not like I had a wedding to catch. So we stayed the night at the hotel. Morning came and I called Cathay Pacific to confirm our flights... Guess who screwed up?? Two words. Both starting with vowels, Bingo! UNITED AIRLINES! Cathay Pacific said UA didn't reserve the seats, but they will do it for us now... HOWEVER, there are only 3, THREE seats left! My jaw SANK and hit my shoe... Being the gentleman I was (AHAHAH NOT!!), I gave the girls' names and Kai Foong's name... They're confirmed whereas Hoo Yau and I would have to try our luck at LAX... Sour Mood was gonna kick in but it didn't. Prolly cos of Olivia's presence. Must maintain good image in front of ang moh cha boh! (caucasian Girl) haha.

United did try to resolve the issue by offering us flights from LAX to Tokyo Narita, then to Singapore and finally Kuala Lumpur. I was like.... okay, give me that, but in the mean time I'll try my luck with Cathay. If Cathay gives us seats, then UA, you can go FLY KITE! Which is what we are doing now... I am here... sitting on the floor at the airport waiting on the Cathay Pacific counter to open. FIRST IN LINE I might add! Well first if u don't count the nasty scum who's sitting right in front of the counter trying to cut queue... The line STARTS HERE!! not THERE!!! Been sitting here for almost 1.5 hours. I WILL GET MY SEATS!! I wanna go HOME!!! Thank you United Airlines, for messing up my trip... Thank you for potentially causing my journey home to last more than 48 days... THANK YOU, you're just an AWESOME AIRLINE! Oh thank you for giving me time to reread "I kissed dating goodbye by Joshua Harris" and to blog (sincere thanks).

Oh Cathay counter is gonna open... Gonna let Hoo Yau take over my post as I go snap some pictures before putting ourselves on the standby list. Till I post this up! ADIOS!
That's the SCUM!!!!


Weng Hock and Caroline please enjoy your summer. Seriously try! Will miss you. See you both soon in Malaysia.

Just some Random Pics I took for the past week.

Myself, Shy Shi and her mom. Gonna miss shy shi so much since she's going to move to Texas to look for a job. Take care dear friend! God bless in all your future endeavors!!


Me waiting in line at the Cathay Pacific Booth. I WAS FIRST IN LINE! That's where Hoo Yau, Kai Foong and I set up camp at LAX.

A random pic of the Cathay Pacific line.



Sending Whitney to the airport. From left Serene, Whitney, Adeline.










After Party Friday Night at Amin's house. Hoo Yau got a little drunk. Some were tipsy and started dancing (Girls: Adeline far Left, Serene in white, Emily, and Sher Lynn. Guys: Amin and Ted)

No comments: