“The Most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.”
- Albert Einstein-


Thursday, July 24, 2008

"blog blank" update 4

Update #4!!! Here are some of the people I have spent time with. People in whose company I can just be myself (an insensitive baboon). Of course there are more of you buddies out there! I just need some pictures! Especially you two: JUN YAN AND WEI JIN! We need some pictures together! sounds so..... -->(three letter word for happy, rhymes with the fifth month of the year)

Jeremy Chan and Chan Ailin.









The FAMOUS Miss Lee (dun say I never put ur pic yeah)









My noisy neighbor Tan Poh Yi and new fren Nikki









Chan Jisan... Forever busy and stressed beeeeee. Relax la!














Chan Hean Lynn!!! My SUPER BUDDY who's gone to Singapore to fly SIA... sigh... can hardly see her now.






It just occurred to me that most of them have 陈 (Chan/Tan) blood! FAMILY FAMILY!


Okay I noticed that I've been doing only updates recently, which are surprisingly taking up more of my time and brain cognition to do. Sigh... regret not blogging these down when the memories were still fresh... when I could easily recall the events, remember conversations, appreciate the people involved... and in so doing further sustaining the memories that will be cherished for years to come. It's not some faulty logic I came across in Philosophy class. Apparently recalling a memory within 24 hours of learning or experiencing it will prolong its existence and increase its accessibility for future recall. Serious! As much as approximately 85% for a long period of time. That's why we're encouraged to read materials before class and/or look through what we've learnt at the end of the day. Study tip from the chubby panda! OKAY! ENOUGH GRANPA TALK...

So yeah I realize that I tend to have moments when I try to recall what happened maybe a month ago and suffer a minor writer's block. I'd literally stare at the screen, stare at the pictures wondering what happened, where to begin, what to write etc.... It's seriously taking up a lot of time! Moreover it's not very productive taking into account the sacrificed time and cognitive efforts I could've used to reflect on more recent events, begin thinking about and blurting about many other things besides MY LIFE'S HAPPENINGS A MONTH AGO. I would really like to shift the focus on other issues... Which has been hard to do lately... Argh!! Do we have a name for that? The "id" syndrome? the "me me me!" syndrome? Maybe SELFISH? <-- This is random but I am recalling Caroline's response to being called selfish:
"No lah where got selfish? Sell Prawns only!"

So this will be my last "blog blank" update... I will start writing about more recent events. Also I will start engaging in much needed mind probing, reflecting and hopefully life changing!

CHEERIOS

1 comment:

teapenguin said...

Wah.. such an honour to be on ur webpage! :)