“The Most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.”
- Albert Einstein-


Sunday, July 20, 2008

"blog blank" update 2

My Family: Daniel's 2nd Birthday!
Standing from left: Rochelle (my maid maid) & my mom
Bottom from left: Rebecca (my sister and mother to Daniel), Daniel & Fook Yin (my Brother in law and Father to Daniel)

Okay one of the big additions to my family!!! This little cute kid's name is Daniel Chan (he saw me wearing shoes and imitated me by putting my other pair of sneakers on! Cuteness!! :>). We just celebrated his 2nd Birthday. So he's not such a new addition to my family. Just that I've been away for about 1.5 years, so I missed 1.5 years of him becoming a 2 year old. I never had any siblings, so it was a very enriching experience during the past 2 months for me: taking care of him, teaching, playing, feeding and just spending time with him. For those of you who didn't already know a little about my family, let me fill you in.

I was the first and only child in my family. My father, Tan Ah Bah (that's his real name. I AM DEAD SERIOUS) passed away when I was 5 years old. I really do appreciate the irony in his name. Tan Ah Bah. Tan "geh" Ah Bah (Tan's father in Cantonese). Anyways, yeah so my family had always included only my mom and I.

Three years later, my mom employed a maid from the Philippines. She was a great blessing and addition to the family. Her name's Rebecca Ramos. She's been with my family ever since 1990. You ever heard of or experience problems with maids? You know... Runaways, stealing, cheating etc.... Rebecca has never given my family that kind of problem. We share the same faith, and in every way, over the years she has been like a sister to me. Three years ago, she married Fook Yin, a Chinese Malaysian and have ever since been residing in my home as part of my family up till today. This cute little boy is their son, and by right should be calling me uncle instead of what my mom's taught him to call me - "Kor kor". My mom wants to be God mother instead of God granny... sigh....

So yeah... part of my almost two months of "blog blank" was well spent learning to be a kor kor (big brother) to a 2 year old cute toddler... Oh I'm so glad I might not be here when he turns into a 6-7 year old brat! lol. Just kidding! Enjoy the pics! He's CUTE right? I think he'll grow up and be quite handsome.

Cheers!










No comments: