“The Most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.”
- Albert Einstein-


Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Debut into the Blogging Community

Finally!!! I have been "meaning" to blog forever. Never got to actually setting up an account and starting one though. Who knows why... Maybe I didn't have a good enough reason to blog other than it WAS SO COOL!! :P

A few days ago, I have prayed and asked God to "Examine me, O LORD, and try me; Test my mind and my heart." (Psalm 26:2), and that very night events unfolded and I came upon a sad event in my life which has prompted me to dig into my psyche, probing into my thoughts, my emotions, and the state of my spiritual wellbeing.

I realize that as a 24 year old, I have gone through a fair bit in my life. Obviously, some of my experiences have been subconsciously well preserved. Thank God for the grand design of our minds! Imagine a 24 year old possessing only memories and skills from 20 years ago. That is truly something very sad which is not uncommon within today's society. Often sent away to a group home by families not being able to care for them as they run the rat race, these individuals go through more difficult and frustrating life struggles than others. I am thankful I am not impaired in such a way (I am by no means better). With much contemplation, I realized that a good chunk of my life's ongoings has been ignored; life lessons unrevised and hence revisited; loving memories not clung onto and thus forgotten.

Being thankful that indeed I am very blessed to be able to ponder upon, to learn and to grow as an individual, I gather that I shall not put experiences unique to me to waste. I wish to retain these reflections, random ramblings on gastronomy, travel, friends, good times, or anything in the whole wide world having or without having to do with me. I hope that these entries will cause me to probe deeper, think wider and grow wiser. To the Reader, I hope my ramblings would be in some way of benefit to you.

With that note, this will be my first blog entry within the last 24 years. I will try writing more often and hope that this will not be an addiction. GASP! BLOG ADDICTION!
BTW: for those who were wondering. Chubby Panda is my newfound nickname. The story behind it, that's for another time.

Thank you for reading!

Cheers,

Weng Hong
aka
Chubby PANDA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*BUUU*........looking forward to reading more from you!u know i always think that youre a good writer...and hopefully learn from you! :)

Chubby Panda said...

meh... I am no awesome writer. I am trying to improve in my written expression. Thank you for the compliment tho. I will try to post often. Don't need to check 5 times a day yeah! haha.

Anonymous said...

'____' kek sei...